Teaclave is a universal secure computing platform, making computation on privacy-sensitive data safe and simple.
Teaclave has been incubating since 2019-08-20.
# Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:
- Improve project structure and documentation
- Grow the community (attracting more committers, contributors, users)
- Publish Apache releases (resolving logistics on Apache release)
# Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
# How has the community developed since the last report?
Since the last report, we have started monthly virtual meetups for three times. Many people from the community share their usage experience of Teaclave. Also, we invited some contributors to talk about some technical details of the design and implementation. For each meetup, we have minutes write-up published on the Teaclave blog.
- Teaclave Meetup #1: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-01-27-teaclave-meetup-1/
- Teaclave Meetup #2: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-02-24-teaclave-meetup-2/
- Teaclave Meetup #3: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-03-24-teaclave-meetup-3/
In addition, we have one more project (Crust Network) powered by Teaclave joined in our "Powered By" page on the Teaclave homepage.
# How has the project developed since the last report?
During this period, we also accepted the Rust OP-TEE TrustZone SDK project to Teaclave as a sub-project, named as Teaclave TrustZone SDK. Similar to Teaclave SGX SDK, Teaclave TrustZone SDK will be the foundation of the Teaclave FaaS platform to support multiple trusted execution environments.
- Welcome Rust OP-TEE TrustZone SDK TO Teaclave: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-03-14-welcome-rust-optee-trustzone-sdk/
We published a project roadmap in 2021:
- Roadmap in 2021: Project Maturity and Community Buildup: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-01-19-roadmap-in-2021-project-maturity-and-community-buildup/
We also announce the 0.2.0 release. In 0.2.0, we focus on various components including built-in functions, SDKs in different languages, docker, command line interface, documents, etc.
- Announcing Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.2.0: https://teaclave.apache.org/blog/2021-03-01-announcing-teaclave-0-2-0/
# How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
- [ ] Initial setup
- [ ] Working towards first release
- [x] Community building
- [ ] Nearing graduation
- [ ] Other:
# Date of last release:
2021-03-02: Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.2.0
# When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
2020-10-22, Ran Duan (rduan), Committer
# Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Yes, our mentors work responsively to help us with accepting new project donation into Teaclave.
# Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
We don't find any 3rd parties incorrectly using the podling's name and brand. The VP, Brand has approved the project name. (PODLINGNAMESEARCH-175)