# Teaclave: A Universal Secure Computing Platform
Apache Teaclave (incubating) is an open source universal secure computing platform, making computation on privacy-sensitive data safe and simple.
- Secure and Attestable: Teaclave adopts multiple security technologies to enable secure computing, in particular, Teaclave uses Intel SGX to serve the most security-sensitive tasks with hardware-based isolation, memory encryption and attestation. Also, Teaclave is written in Rust to prevent memory-safety issues.
- Function-as-a-Service: Teaclave is provided as a function-as-a-service platform. With many built-in functions, it supports tasks like machine learning, private set intersection, crypto computation, etc. In addition, developers can also deploy and execute Python scripts in Teaclave. More importantly, unlike traditional FaaS, Teaclave supports both general secure computing tasks and flexible single- and multi-party secure computation.
- Ease of Use: Teaclave builds its components in containers, therefore, it supports deployment both locally and within cloud infrastructures. Teaclave also provides convenient endpoint APIs, client SDKs and command line tools.
- Flexible: Components in Teaclave are designed in modular, and features like remote attestation can be easily embedded in other projects. In addition, Teaclave SGX SDK and Teaclave TrustZone SDK can also be used separately to write TEE apps for other purposes.
# Getting Started
# Try Teaclave
- My First Function
- Write Functions in Python
- How to Add Built-in Functions
- Deploying Teaclave on Azure Confidential Computing VM
- Executing WebAssembly in Teaclave
- Inference Task with TVM in Teaclave
- Threat Model
- Mutual Attestation: Why and How
- Access Control
- Build System
- Teaclave Service Internals
- Adding Executors
- Papers, Talks, and Related Articles
# Contribute to Teaclave
- Built-in Functions
- Client SDK
- Command Line Tool
- Common Libraries
- Configurations in Teaclave
- Crypto Primitives
- Data Center Attestation Service
- Dockerfile and Compose File
- Executor Runtime
- File Agent
- Function Executors
- Keys and Certificates
- Teaclave Services
- Teaclave Worker
- Test Harness and Test Cases
- Third-Party Dependency Vendoring
# API References
- Teaclave SGX SDK
- Teaclave Client SDK (Python)
- Teaclave Client SDK (Rust)
- Crates in Teaclave (Enclave)
- Crates in Teaclave (App)
# Teaclave Projects
This is the main repository for the Teaclave FaaS platform. There are several sub-projects under Teaclave:
Teaclave is open source in The Apache Way, we aim to create a project that is maintained and owned by the community. All kinds of contributions are welcome. Read this document to learn more about how to contribute. Thanks to our contributors.